CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Addiction.....

So, I seem to have an addiction to coffee... Now, you might be thinking "who cares?" And truly, I can't imagine that too many of you--even my closest friends and family--actually care. But I thought it might be interesting for you all to know how I deal with my addiction in Scotland... the land of whiskey and tea!

This is what I pour water into, flip a switch, and it boils water in like a minute! Awesome, right?!
Next, I have coffee grounds ready in my new French Press waiting for the hot water..... Thank you, Kate!!!
After that, I cover the "brewing" coffee with a towel to keep it warm... (What do you think, Fran??)
And finally..... mmmm, coffee.... Well, this is not actually my personal cup... But it looked much better than the picture I took! So, there you have it--that's how it's done in Scotland. In case you were wondering....

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm very impressed! Cheers to my 'coffee drinking' buddy! Love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sara said...

thanks, mom!:) i thought you (and maybe kista) would enjoy this post!! love you too!

Sarah said...

I will drink coffee right along with you. I'm a coffee fanatic! I told myself that it's the one and only thing I wouldn't give up. I'd rather give up chocolate than my coffee!

Happy Birthday Sara! I've been thinking about you all day my beautiful friend!

Sara said...

oh, thanks, sarah!! i knew you would love this too!!:) thanks for the bday wishes.... it still seems like we should be celebrating w/ you all or something! i'm not sure our bdays will ever be the same w/out the foster family!! love you and miss you, my sweet friend...

granny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER!!!
Wonder where you get the coffee addiction!!! Hope you had a great day! I wish we could be together to celebrate, but I am sure that you had a special day with Shane and the kids. We miss you and love you dearly!!!!

Mom & Tom

Sara said...

mom, i miss you!! let's skype soon:)

kt :-) said...

glad you're enjoying the french press,ses!!! you may have to check out one of those hot water things when you get home...i'm hoping to find one at bed bath and beyond soon....i've got lots of 20% off coupons...i'll share!!! ;-) i need to get mySELF a french press, tho. hos funny is that?!?! ;-) i got guy one for his bday...you one for a "housewarming gift"...and i don't own one yet!! ;-) glad you're enjoying it. love and miss you!!!

Francie Roseen said...

Aren't you just SO SMART?? The other thing that works aweomely to keep the coffee warm in the french press is a stocking cap!! Guy has one that is set aside just for that!(an old one he's had for ages) Aren't those hot water pots the coolest ever? A gal I have Bible study with has one, and of course, everyone over there have them!!