CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Another Celebration!!

Many of you already know this, but I wanted to blog about it anyway--mostly because we are SO excited about it!!! This past Wednesday, I found out that I have officially been excepted into the Nursing Program!!! This journey started several years ago, actually. I started taking classes a few years ago--just 2 or 3 a semester. Now I have all my prerequisites completed, and this is the next step. So, this is big news in our family. Not only because it's something we've prayed about and waited for, but because this means some changes coming soon in our family. So, while we're excited, we're also a little nervous about what this will entail over the next two years of my program. All the while, we are trusting that God has his hand on our family, and that He is guiding us each step of the way.

So, to celebrate we went to McDonners. It is Indian cuisine, and they say, "Our motto is your satisfaction!" Well, you can't beat that, right?... The place was pretty small, and full, of course. So, we got "take-away," as they say here in Scotland. We had fun! Oh, and Shane bought me a chocolate cake--the same one he got for my birthday! (He knows me so well!!!) Here we are celebrating!!!...
Waiting patiently for our great food!! (I had a vegetarian calzone the size of a watermelon!! It was AWESOME! And it took me four meals to finish it! Leftovers are great, right?!)

What a life with this handsome, wonderful man!! I am quite blessed!!

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and support along the way. Especially to my wonderful, sweet family--Shane, Zion, Paige and Maddox--you guys have been understanding and supportive at all times! Not to mention you've been a light in the dark times of the semester and never cease to put a smile on my face! I could not have done it without you!! Here's to the next two years! I praise you Lord for going ahead of us. We are your faithful followers....

7 comments:

Shane J. Wood said...

We are so proud of you babe! It doesn't matter what obstacles come in the next two years, together we will make it together...we are a team...and no dreams are too big to pursue! We love you and we are so proud of you!

Shane, Zion, Paige, and Maddox

Tara said...

Oh I'm so tearing up reading all this. Congrats sarah!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

i'm tearing up, too!!! you guys are so awesome... so proud of you, friend. so proud! :)

Sarah said...

I'm so proud and excited for you! You worked hard! You know I'm here if you need me. Love you guys!

Sara said...

thanks, everyone, for ALL the encouragement! now i'm tearing up too:) love you all!!!

Kista said...

You are amazing, my sister! I am SO proud of you! Love, love, LOVE you!

Nana said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will make such an awesome nurse with your compassionate heart! Can't wait to see your family when you get back to the states. Love you!